Regional Technical Education Center, Inc.
1200 W. 21st St. • Yankton, SD 57078
(P) (605) 668-5700
RTEC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit technical education center that provides rapid response training and education for regional organizations in collaboration with strategic partners. The goal of RTEC is to provide high-quality, affordable technical education and training opportunities which will enhance the abilities of individuals to obtain and retain employment. RTEC promotes the notion of home growing our own workforce and remains dedicated to offering learning opportunities for youth.
Types of Training
- Basic and upgrade welding classes in addition to American Welding Society (AWS) Certification testing in RTEC’s accredited testing facility
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) classes offered through Avera Education & Staffing Solutions
- A two-year Engineering Technology degree through Black Hills State University in Spearfish
- A nine-month diploma program in Industrial Maintenance Technology offered exclusively at RTEC by Mitchell Technical Institute
- Computer training featuring 3D CAD SolidWorks and Mastercam
- Forklift training
- Community Education classes featuring opportunities for life-long learning
job training, technical education,