Posted on: February 22, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing, Engineering
Responsible for using 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to create technical drawings, designs and schematics used to manufacture truck trailer products. These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of Engineers and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods. The Drafter works under close supervision within clearly defined technical processes and procedures.
- Utilize and apply drafting standards and techniques to Computer Aided Design (CAD) system.
- Create, modify and maintain drawings for specific product line(s).
- Works from production orders to prepare the bills of material required for trailer production. Maintain and update existing bills of material.
- Check work for accuracy and compatibility with standards.
- Review production orders and obtain necessary clarification from the sales force.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure accurate assembly.
- Work to learn and apply advance CAD system capabilities to improve drafting productivity.
- Become knowledgeable of the product produced, production schedule maintenance, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) system and the bill of materials retrieval, filing and revision processes.