Posted on: June 07, 2021 • Category: Financial Officer, Banking
Explorers Credit Union
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in lending preferred
- Ability to work with basic mathematical functions such as percentages, ratios, and fractions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large volumes of work effectively and to work within prescribed deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external contacts including members, insurance companies, realtors, other staff, etc.
- Must be a licensed South Dakota notary public or be willing to take the necessary steps to obtain the public license within 6 months of hire.
- Must obtain NMLS number to accept mortgage applications
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
- Interviewing, Processing and Disbursement of Credit Union Loan applications
- Researching/Compiling background information on loan applicants for credit approval
- Answering lending questions from members and employees
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Interviews applicants, and examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of member applications for extension of credit, commercial loans, real estate loans, consumer credit loans, or credit card accounts.
- Interviews members and requests specified information for loan application. Analyzes member financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to Chief Loan Officer for recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information. • Approves loan within specified limits or refers to Chief Loan Officer.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy. Answers member inquiries regarding loan products via phone, mail, in person.
- Sells ancillary products including but not limited to Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Coverage, Payment Protection, and Route 66 Extended Warranty (mechanical breakdown coverage).
- Participate in special assignments and projects as requested by Chief Loan Officer and Chief Executive Officer
Find the full Job Desciption HERE