Posted on: August 19, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing Engineer
- BS Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing required.
- 2 or more years of experience in fabrication and welding of construction and agricultural equipment is (preferred)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and computer skills are required. Must be able to able to gather, manipulate and analyze data
Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant; responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to insure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while insuring efficient use of resources. Manufacturing Engineer reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
- Determines the processes, identifies the materials and supplies to be used, and designs and builds appropriate fixtures necessary for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
- Establishes bills of material, manufacturing routings, machine burdens, and new work centers.
- Creates assembly instructions for new products to be manufactured.
- Processes internal engineering change orders (ECOs), processes and incorporates the changes, and insures changes become effective.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of production and other worker operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies. Institutes changes in the production processes and/or recommends adjustments to product pricing.
- Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Confers with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Other duties may be assigned.