Posted on: July 29, 2021 • Category: Procurement Expeditor; Manufacturing
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- An Associate’s degree in business desired, with 1-2 years of experience in an office or manufacturing environment, or a combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook software preferable.
- Basic understanding of supply chain management in a manufacturing environment preferable.
Essential Functions of the Job (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Ability to work full-time (minimum of 40 hours per week), with a regular work schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and the availability to work occasional overtime on regularly-scheduled work days or Saturday.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform work primarily in an office environment, requiring employee to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the time, and frequently operate a computer and other office equipment and perform general office duties. The employee is required to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Perform work safely in accordance with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, photocopier, calculator, fax machine. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, and E-mail.
- Ability to work well with others, and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellent customer-relation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities to ensure completion of work in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in project/priority and multiple tasks simultaneously in a positive fashion.
- Accurate data entry/keyboarding and proofreading skills.
- Willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment, including asking questions and contributing ideas and suggestions.
- Project a positive attitude, with a willingness to accept responsibility and take on new situations and challenges.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Resourcefulness and ability to creatively solve problems.
A Procurement Expeditor is responsible for ensuring purchased parts arrive on time to support Astec customer requirements while meeting quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with suppliers to confirm receipt dates, then maintains internal systems and communicates updates with pertinent team members.
- Processes shortage reports to expedite short parts.
- Collaborates with Inventory Control, Production Control, Shipping, Receiving, QA and other team members as need to problem solve supply challenges.
- Maintains internal systems with direction from the Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Agents / Buyers with the most current Purchasing data for parts and suppliers.
- Maintains, and supports Supplier Management Program.
- Assists in maintaining proper documentation of imports with Purchasing and Accounting.
- Distributes forecasts to suppliers to ensure support of our needs.
- Assists with right sizing inventory levels.
- Maintains Purchasing Metrics with direction from Purchasing Manager.
- Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity with direction from the Purchasing Manager.
- Data entry as required.
Interested individuals can stop by our office to complete an application, or download our application form and job descriptions from our website (www.astecindustries.com/about/careers; click on “Job Listings”; click on “Current Openings”, click on the job opening you desire, click “Apply” in the right hand-corner, complete the application process).