Posted on: December 06, 2019 • Category: Department of Social Services
Director of Clinical Services
SD Human Services Center
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
An advanced degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or a related field is preferred.
- multidisciplinary approach to treatment;
- evidenced based practice guidelines;
- behavioral healthcare, including mental health and substance use services;
- federal and state requirements pertaining to behavioral health services;
- quality assurance and outcome measurements.
- superior communication skills;
- excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently as well collaboratively.
- develop and review policies and procedures;
- establish goals and priorities for clinical services;
- collaborate with referral agencies regarding admissions and discharges;
- monitor and direct clinical services programs;
- able to administer clinical program requirements.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that each individual is provided with an effective and individualized treatment to enable each individual in achieving the highest level of personal independence within a therapeutic environment. This position works with the varied clinical disciplines to coordinate their many needs, identify changes, and program direction all within guidelines and goals of the facility.
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The South Dakota Human Services Center is seeking a Director of Clinical Services to manage clinical services for a state psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital that serves individuals on an in-patient basis. This facility is equipped with 277-beds which provides services for acute, psychiatric rehabilitation, geriatric, adolescent and patients with substance use disorders.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=27V
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"