Posted on: May 05, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
Quality Assurance Technician
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints including geometric tolerances and weld symbols
- Proficiency in geometry and trigonometry
- Basick computer skills, to including the use of Google, Word, Excel, Power Point and working knowledge of IFS.
- Must be able to visually inspect product and equipment
- Must be able to communicate and work well with people in all areas, both inside and outside Manitou.
Performs inspections as required or as directed by manufacturing. Performs receiving inspections of incoming product as required. Notifies vendor of non-conformances and makes arrangements to return non-conforming product to the vendor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and complex inspections of product, including prototype and experimental, subhassemblies and assemblies and accept or reject same with designated forms.
- Perform process audits of various processes including fabrication, welding, machining, paint, assembly using an approved process audit checklist.
- Set up, program and operate standard and specialized inspection equipment, to include, but not limited to coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and inspection arms (Romer or Faro arms)
- Perform process capability studies
- Assist in resolving fabrication, machining, welding, paint and assembly quality problems.
- Help operators become familiar with gauging, blueprint reading, charting, etc.
- Must be able to work with suppliers when non-conforming product is deemed a supplier issue.
- Maintain education and skill level required to perform assigned functions.
- Complete special assignments that are assigned by supervisor.
- Drives skid loaders for the purpose of sound testing.
- Maybe required to perform data collection using the pulse sound system.
- Work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Manitou Group, a world leader in rough-terrain handling, invents, produces, distributes and services material for construction, agriculture and industries. We design, manufacture, distribute, and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earth moving activities that work smarter, faster, safer and cost efficiently. Through its iconic brands - Manitou, Gehl and Mustang by Manitou - and its network of 1,500 dealers worldwide, the group offers the best solutions by creating optimum value for its customers. With its headquarters in France, the group recorded a revenue of 1.9 billion euros across 140 countries in 2018, and it employs 4 400 people who are all committed to satisfying customers.
We are passionate about our products and people. We are a company that thrives on employee engagement and driven to achieve excellence. We are proud of delivering results through accountability, collaboration, integrity and teamwork. We are Manitou.
Convinced that work is a source of self-fulfillment, we look after the well-being of our teams by improving their work environment on a daily basis with a proactive Health and Safety Culture, open communication, recognition and developing our talent.