Posted on: January 17, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing, Project Manager
Applied Engineering, Inc
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-4425
Learn more about Applied Engineering
Applied Engineering, Inc
2008 East Highway 50
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Business degree and/or four years relevant work experience in a manufacturing management environment.
- Must possess strong internal/external communication skills, and perform presentations as needed through public speaking.
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Must demonstrate consistently being a good example of providing informal leadership and excellent work ethic.
- Must have an understanding and proficiency in aerospace drawing interpretation to include AS/ISO as well as EAR/ITAR requirements.
- Experience with manufacturing systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices is preferred
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, and problem solving/analysis abilities
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Represent voice of the company on and off-site.
A Project/Contract Manager maintains relations between the company and external clients as it pertains to business requirements and meeting goals for safety, quality, delivery, and profitability. This position manages a variety of accounts and projects; assess various procedures, and maintain an open line of communication business contacts. The project manager assess contracts, certifications, and compliance initiatives to support the needs of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating/functioning reflective of the company Quality Management System, and customer certifications/flow downs relevant to the positon.
- Provides leadership and technical resources to the organization, this person must also provide feedback, identify/assist in solving production issues, and fosters ethical behavior.
- Develops projects based on risk assessments, high cost areas, and making sure the results improve company goals and objectives.
- Research and recommend the upgrading of manufacturing software applications as needed for desired performance and operations
- Supports EPA requirements and reporting with data generation. Supports SDS (ERA) online system and data required for EPA and customer compliance reporting including SARA Tier II, Air Permitting, Conflict Minerals, RoHS, REACH SVHC, CA Proposition 65, etc.
- Supports Export Compliance requirements including part classification and export license determination / requests.
- Complete customer compliance certifications and other forms as directed
- Perform contract/terms and conditions review
- Create and achieve department measurables that effectively support meeting or exceeding overall company objectives and goals.
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by participating in education workshops, reviewing professional publications, and implementing cost effective and profitable ways to increase company effectiveness.
- Applies the cost/risk vs. benefit/reward concept when making decisions on how resources are allocated and/or consumed.
- Drives and implements continuous improvements through lean tools, researching new technology, industry data, and developing resources to remove/manage the eight wastes.
- Support other Duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in an office environment, manufacturing floor and offsite. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. This position may require travel with overnight stays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk/hear and occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; the employee is occasionally required reach with hands and arms. This position may require the ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Over the road and airline travel are required as needed to support the company.