Posted on: December 18, 2020 • Category: Human Resources, Human Resources - Manufacturing
Human Resources Representative
L&M Radiator, Inc.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources or similar field.
2-year degree in Business Administration or similar field and a year of HR experience
Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system
Experience in Lean Manufacturing
PHR or SHRM Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Must have proficient experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be detailed orientated, multi-tasked, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Must demonstrate complete discretion/confidentiality.
- Accurately prepare and maintain a variety of related records and reports while meeting all deadlines.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Job Summary: Assists employees and provides administrative support in the areas of recruiting, onboarding, human relations, benefit administration, conflict resolutions, training and development. Develops, expedites, and maintains all personnel files, records, and other documents for the Yankton Facility. Works closely with HR headquarters to promote and support a People First culture.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct new employee onboarding, orientation, and complete related paperwork accurately and responsible for uploading them into the HR system and sending all manual paperwork to Headquarters.
- Assist with maintaining the HR system, UltiPro, and responsible for Yankton employee personnel files/records and providing password assistance and troubleshooting issues to employees.
- Perform UltiPro training for all new employees.
- Schedule and conduct new employee meetings.
- Follow all work instructions, processes and procedures, and contribute suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Enter employee benefits into UltiPro system.
- Assist HR headquarter department personnel with the following;
- Recruiting; creating employment ads and maintain advertisement sites and budget.
- Schedule and attend job fairs, college and high school presentations.
- Assist with branding and marketing.
- Perform the hiring process including employee correspondences and scheduling.
- Screen applicants, conduct interviews, set up math test, and perform reference checks.
- Schedule Pre-employment physicals, background tests, drug and alcohol screenings.
- Send out adverse action letters when needed.
- Writing training grants.
- Create Monthly Employee Newsletters.
- Coordinate Plant specific special projects.
- Ensure attendance and personnel records are maintained accurately in UltiPro and Epicor systems and ensure time off totals are accurate with data bases and payroll
- Provide a welcoming environment and be approachable to employees who have employment related inquiries or personal issues. Refer/recommend employees to EAP when helpful or necessary.
- Coordinate employee’s return to work for both work and non-work-related absences.
- Administer Worker’s Compensation benefits and correspond with insurance carrier and injured employee.
- Liaison for disability claims; administer and monitor STD/LTD claims for employees and ensure proper documentation is complete.
- Administer and manage FMLA documentation and information
- Responsible for employee communications such as updating UltiPro Homepage, benefit materials, events and other personnel materials including presentations.
- Chairs Yankton plant’s Cool Committee; schedule and conduct meetings, plan, arrange and attend all special employee and company sponsored events.
- Manage employee uniform distribution and collection. Responsible for communication with uniform vendor including billing.
- Responsible for responding to South Dakota Unemployment Insurance paperwork.
- Conduct and document exit interviews.
- Responsible for informing and updating HR Manager/Supervisor.
- Provide additional front office and administration support as needed.
- Performs work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager and/or plant manager.