Posted on: January 17, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing
Drill and Deburr Operator
Applied Engineering, Inc
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Reading, writing, problem solving, and mechanical skills with hand/eye coordination
- The ability to teach and train others as needed
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in a manufacturing environment. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration, and sharp tooling or objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; the employee is required reach with hands and arms and may occasionally sit. This position requires the ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
Summary/Objective: The Deburr position is part of the finishing team and will deburr customer products using a wide array of procedures and tooling. This individual must have the ability to deburr simple to complex components, follow work instructions, understand basic prints, and use measuring devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times, this includes helping with 6s activities on occasion.
- Must have a high level of detail, able to measure and visually identify nonconforming conditions and be able to document these instances.
- Efficiently perform deburr operations per work instructions on all customer products.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other team members and communicates effectively across different work centers, shifts, and skill levels.
- Assists in meeting aggressive work center and company goals by recommending and executing continuous improvement and performing direction given by the area lead and finishing personnel.
- Accepts change and engages in process improvements by suggesting and implementing ideas in collaboration with the area lead and finishing personnel.
- Assists in keeping on time delivery by using the automated scheduling system in place and by taking priority direction from area leads.
- Expected to maintain a strong work ethic, attendance record, and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to understand and follow all processes and procedures of the company and/or finishing area.
- Other duties as assigned
Applied offers competitive wages and benefits including:
Flexible Hours, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Sick Leave, Vacation, STD, LTD, Vision, 401(k) with match, Bonus Program
Applications are being taken at the following locations:
- Applied Engineering, Inc, 2008 East Hwy 50, Yankton, SD 57078
- Yankton Career Center, 3113 Spruce St., Yankton, SD 57078
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required