Posted on: September 20, 2019 • Category: Department of Social Services
Chief Compliance Officer
Human Services Center
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree. Ideal candidates will possess an advanced degree, Compliance and/or Quality Improvement certifications, and demonstrate successful experience leading and managing compliance or quality improvement functions within a health services organization, preferably in an inpatient setting. V
The Human Services Center in Yankton, South Dakota is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Chief Compliance Officer. This position reports to the Administrator and has principle responsibility for all hospital wide compliance-related activities. This includes ensuring that the hospital meets all state and federal hospital licensing, accreditation, and certification requirements; clinical standards and practices; and direct patient care and treatment standards.
The position supervises the Director of Health Information and Quality Management and is responsible for overseeing the hospital's Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program and the hospital's expansion of its electronic health records.
The Human Services Center is a licensed in-patient state psychiatric hospital and chemical dependency treatment facility equipped with 277 beds which provides services for acute, psychiatric rehabilitation, geriatric, and adolescent patients.
Primary job duties include:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the hospital wide compliance program toward meeting federal and state licensing and accreditation standards.
- Serves as the principal contact for licensing and accreditation agencies.
- Directs and coordinates all documentation in preparation for external surveys and reviews, prepares, monitors, and reports on corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified by licensing, certification, and accreditation authorities,
- Conducts system and process analysis to understand contributing factors to areas for improvement and works with the appropriate department and/or program to review findings and develop actions to decrease or prevent the recurrence of process problems.
- Manages a utilization review program with the assistance of a 1.0 FTE Registered Nurse.
- Works collaboratively across hospital organizational units and outside entities as required.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/index.html. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/yyq3luae
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"