Posted on: August 30, 2021 • Category: Security Officer, Human Services
Mental Health Security Officer
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $16.53 per hour plus shift pay plus weekend pay
Education: High School
Visit Us Online
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Ave
Yankton, Yankton, SD 5708
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- de-escalation techniques;
- psychiatric patients and/or disorders;
- law enforcement and security principles and procedures.
- interpret and enforce facility rules and regulations;
- function decisively and with authority in crisis situations;
- deal effectively with hostile individuals;
- work independently and remain calm and rational in stressful situations;
- communicate information clearly and concisely to patients, personnel, and the general public;
- operate communication systems;
- operate snow removal equipment;
- respond to alarms for fire and maintenance issues and determine the appropriate actions to take;
- walk and stand for extended periods of time;
- perform some building maintenance;
- recall and record information concisely and accurately;
- deal tactfully with coworkers, patients, and the general public.
This is a part-time position with the Department of Social Services at the South Dakota Human Services Center in Yankton, SD. For more information on DSS, please visit https://dss.sd.gov.
The Mental Health Security Officer protects and maintains a secure psychiatric hospital environment by enforcing the rules and regulations to provide for the safety of personnel, patients, visitors and the facility. The position provides security services for both the hospital and grounds of the Human Services Center.
This position works rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends. The successful candidate must be flexible in their schedule to assist in staffing a small department.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F9V You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted. South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus