Posted on: October 16, 2020 • Category: Maintenance, Safety Inspector, Manufacturing
Maintenance - Safety Inspector
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
700 W. 21st Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Perform work standing on concrete up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to use general mechanic and maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to maneuver in congested work environment with usual working conditions associated with heavy equipment repair (exhaust, solvent, etc.)
- Ability to work on, in, around, and under equipment as necessary to perform duties. Climb ladders, work platforms, stairs, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret necessary instructions or specifications required performing duties.
- Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to safely do it. Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting. Please consider the size, shape, weight of the object to be pushed/pulled/lifted, the path and the distance you must travel along with your own physical ability. If necessary, please seek assistance with pushing/pulling/lifting tasks. Employees should never lift more than they are physically able to do.
- Two to three years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse, and locate and open/close files.
Service, maintain, and repair Company equipment and facility under the supervision of the Department Supervisor and in cooperation with the Department Leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain/inspect plant systems that include water, heat, gas, oxygen, and compressed air.
- Maintain and inspect hoists.
- Crane inspections: weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Fire extinguisher inspections: monthly and yearly.
- Pop off valve inspections: yearly.
- High- and low-gas pressure switch inspections: yearly.
- Sprinkler system inspections: weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Emergency light inspections: yearly.
- Emergency siren inspections: yearly.
- Department inspections: monthly.
- Chain inspections: monthly.
- Test eyewash stations and showers: weekly.
- Fume system inspections: quarterly.
- Complete electrical personal protective equipment inspections with outside vendor.
- Exercise electrical disconnects.
- Yearly infra-red scanning of our switchgear/panels.
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain department area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Perform or assist other departments and/or personnel in maintenance, fabrication, repair, construction projects, assembly, etc. as qualified and requested by Supervisor or Department Leader.
- Recommend and requisition parts and supplies as needed in accordance with Company standard policy and maintain inventories of maintenance repair parts.
- Job requires using a computer mouse to access and open/close computer documents.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws. All information provided in your application will be treated as confidential and will be used to help ensure the best use of your abilities if employed by KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens.
We strive to maintain a competitive wage or salary structure which allows the Company to recruit and maintain an effective work force. An employee’s total compensation consists not only of the wage/salary, but also the various benefits offered. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, free disability coverage, 401(k) with 75 percent company match, paid vacation after 6 months, paid holidays, and a profit-sharing plan.