Posted on: September 20, 2019 • Category: Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Drafter
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: Associate's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Careers at KPI
700 W. 21st Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Two-year Mechanical Drafting/Design Technology Degree is required; Experience in heavy equipment and/or structural design as well as AutoCAD 2-D and INVENTOR 3-D CAD software experience (or something similar like SolidWorks or Pro-E) is preferred.
Design and make necessary engineering drawings for projects assigned. Prepare engineering drawings and make engineering calculations through use of AUTO CAD and INVENTOR as instructed. Prefer National Career Readiness Certification, for more information please visit the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make basic and fundamental calculations for proper and economical selection of components incorporated in the design of the specific equipment or projects assigned.
- Direct the efforts of any draftsman assigned to work with on the specific equipment or projects.
- Do detail and assembly drawing work as well as general and overall layout work.
- Write and release or supervise the writing and releasing of specifications and bills of material if required to cover the specific equipment or projects assigned.
- Design new or special products and new developments or modifications on our product line in accordance with the theoretically established design specifications as to size, capacity, or other requirements.
- Complete assignments on time as scheduled per Engineering release date.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate necessary office equipment and tools to perform drafting functions which include CAD and INVENTOR systems.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties in environments which include heavy industrial setting, quarry / pit locations, and construction sites with associated air pollutants and noise levels.
- Ability to climb on equipment to inspect and gather data.