Posted on: July 29, 2021 • Category: Food Safety, Manufacturing - Quality Assurance
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator
American Foods Group - Cimpl Meats, LLC
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Phone 1: 605-665-1665
Visit Us Online
American Foods Group - Cimpl Meats, LLC
1000 Cattle Drive
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with Government personnel and other designated personnel.
- Ability to analyze statistical data and trend indicators.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, hot, and humid environments.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with frequent overtime.
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program knowledge with the ability to achieve SQF Practitioner status.
- Knowledge of sanitation practices.
- Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or other related biological sciences. Degree in other areas will be considered.
- HACCP certification or SQF/ BRC.
As our Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator, you will:
- Maintains and monitors all identified critical control points in the Harvest, Fabrication, RTE, receiving and warehouse areas to reduce the risk associated with each control point.
- Verify that all HACCP training for all employees involved in HACCP functions are current and documented.
- Work with plant management and customers to successfully resolve customer concerns involving food safety and/or quality.
- Perform regulatory analysis to maintain compliance with government regulations to include keeping management updated on all food safety related notices, directives and regs.
- Always ensures regulatory compliance.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the SQF system to include coordinating and leading Internal Audit team.
- Work with plant management to strategically coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures
- Prepares and participates in all customer and third-party audits
- Review and approve all SQF documents
- Coordinate SQF meetings as fitting with the Food Safety Team and the Food Quality Team to discuss and report issues, concerns and improvements to maintain the integrity of the SQF system
- Responsible for overseeing the employee training processes to ensure the successful completion and implementation of all required trainings
- Responsible for staying current on all SQF updates and changes and communicating these changes to the Food Safety and Food Quality Team
- Responsible for validating changes to the SQF system as they apply to producing safe food
- Maintains record retention for production and FSQ records.
- Required to communicate and work together with management and production workers to develop and maintain systems that promote quality and a food safety culture.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and incorporates safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Act as backup for person for Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.