Posted on: March 31, 2021 • Category: Food Safety, Manufacturing - Quality Assurance
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator
American Foods Group - Cimpl Meats, LLC
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or other related biological sciences.
- HACCP certified and demonstrate excellent understanding of HACCP, GMP, and SSOP.
- Knowledge of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program with the ability to achieve SQF Practitioner status.
- Knowledge of microbiology, aseptic sampling technique, sampling plans, and laboratory practices.
- Strong background in inspection and auditing activities.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work environments and perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with frequent overtime.
- Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing) - must be able to communicate with Government personnel and other designated personnel, read specifications/labels, SOPs, SSOPs and HACCP, and be able to complete necessary written documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people skills, and strong leadership ability.
- Must have detailed and practical knowledge in plant sanitation practices.
- Knowledge of statistical software to perform data analysis and trend indicators.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
- Master of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or other related biological sciences.
As our Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator, you will:
- Maintain and monitor all identified critical control points in various departments within the facility to reduce the risk associated with each control point.
- Conduct comprehensive annual HACCP reassessments for each HACCP Plan including a program review and functional audit of HACCP, SSOP, and pre-requisite programs and all supporting documents.
- Conduct Gap Analysis for HACCP Programs, with special attention to validation studies and supporting documents.
- Work with plant management and customers to successfully resolve customer concerns involving food safety and/or quality.
- Perform regulatory analysis to maintain compliance with government regulations, updating management on all food safety related notices, directives and regs and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Manage the implementation of the SQF system and lead the Internal Audit team.
- Work with plant management to strategically coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, plus defining performance measures.
- Prepare and participate in all customer and third-party audits
- Lead SQF meetings as fitting with the Food Safety Team and the Food Quality Team to discuss and report issues, concerns and improvements to maintain the integrity of the SQF system
- Responsible for overseeing the employee training processes to ensure the successful completion and implementation of all required trainings and maintain employee training records.
- Validate changes to the SQF system as they apply to producing safe food.
- Maintain record retention for production and FSQ records.
- Work cross functionally with management and production workers to develop and maintain systems that promote a quality and food safety culture.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality to management.
- Stay current on all SQF updates and changes and communicating these changes to the Food Safety and Food Quality Team.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.