Posted on: September 24, 2020 • Category: Sales & Customer Service, Manufacturing
Inside Sales Representative
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $15 - $22 per hour
Education: High School
Visit Us Online
2309 Shur-Lok Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year experience in retail and/or phone sales or equivalent is preferred. Must also possess above average computer experience. Candidates with experience and familiarity with CRM, ERP and/or Microsoft Office products are preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Then employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The ideal candidate will represent the company to its customers over the phone in a professional manner, is knowledgeable about the company's products & services and can intelligently deal with most customer situations. The candidate will take orders by phone/fax and enter the orders into Shur-Co’s corporate ERP software. This position will also be expected to make outbound follow-up phone calls to prospective customers who have already expressed an interest in buying Shur-Co products or have purchased Shur-Co products in the past.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform telephone selling presentations as trained.
- Interface with customers and prospects and sell products based on needs established with customer.
- Able to have free-flowing discussions with customers, dealers and prospects.
- Master product knowledge and develop the ability to speak with customers about Shur-Co products in the Flatbed, Agriculture, Construction and Waste markets at a level that exhibits functional understanding of the products and applications.
- Use knowledge about product and it's applications to up-sell current customers and sell new customers.
- Inform customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Complete order documentation with careful attention to detail and accuracy and maintains and follow up-to-date policy & procedures manuals.
- Take ownership of customer order/information request, and follows it through to sales conversion by:
- Routing order to departments for fulfillment and, when necessary, following-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Communicate with production, sales, shipping, and warehouse, to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Refer appropriate order requests to engineering department for design and drafting needs.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Handling customer concerns regarding product or service, or when necessary and appropriate, referring such concerns to appropriate departments for investigation and follow-through.
- Assist in covering regional trade shows when assigned (no overnight travel).
- Maintain and promote a positive team atmosphere.
- Attendance and dependability are essential job functions, you must report to work on time and accurately complete the daily duties assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment will be based on the successful completion of a criminal background check
Please contact Human Resources at 605-665-6000 for questions on the application process.
The position will remain open until filled.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift, Day shift, Monday to Friday
Shur-Co®, LLC, is headquartered in Yankton, South Dakota, and is a leading provider of covering systems, parts and service to the global transportation market. With over 60 years of industry experience, Shur-Co® now manufactures a wide offering of tarp systems and accessories for trucks, trailers, carts and specialty equipment used in the agriculture, construction, waste and flatbed markets. Shur-Co® operates 13 production sites and sales locations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, giving you the opportunity to work with employees and customers all over the world. We are always looking for well-qualified candidates to fill a variety of open positions. Check out all of our opportunities at www.Shur-Co.com/employment.