Posted on: December 27, 2019 • Category: Electrical Mechanical - Manufacturing
Mechanical Technician - 3rd Shift
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: Competitive Wages and Benefits!
Education: High School
Phone 1: 6056651115
1901 Hastings Dr
Yankton, South Dakota, SD 57078
Required: High school education with two or more years experience in industrial maintenance.
Preferred: Associate’s degree in industrial technology with emphasis in industrial maintenance and two or more years experience in industrial maintenance.
Performs duties with minimum supervision, performs maintenance functions on equipment, machinery, and buildings. Constructs machine components and performs plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is capable of performing all duties and responsibilities required of a Electrical Mechanical Technician V.
- Follows proper procedures with minimum supervision in maintaining buildings, machinery, and equipment.
- Repairs electrical systems, motors, fork lifts, air conditioner equipment, etc. as necessary.
- Overhauls gear drives and motors, punch press drives, and clutches.
- Constructs machine components as required.
- Performs electrical work including attachment of machines to electrical circuits. Inspects control panels on equipment.
- Performs general building maintenance duties as required.
- Constructs and repairs structures and fixtures from wood, plywood, and wallboard following written or verbal instructions.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and services hydraulic systems, including changing valves and other similar adjustments.
- Moves and installs machinery as required.
- Conducts diagnostic and trouble-shooting inspections of equipment. Makes adjustments, repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for recommending improved methods or alternatives to machine operations.
- Operates welder, oxyacetylene torch, drill press, woodworking machinery, and lathe. Uses volt-ohm meters, pipe threading equipment, and small hand tools. Operates forklift as needed.
- Completes paperwork as required including job cards, inspection reports, logs, etc.
- May be called upon to work late evenings, early mornings, or other unscheduled hours to perform necessary emergency repairs.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control.
- Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
- Repair/Refurbish/Install pneumatic controls.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.