Posted on: July 22, 2021 • Category: Therapeutic recreation - Activities
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $19.70/hour plus shift pay and weekend pay
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: (605) 668-3118
Visit Department of Human Services
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Ave
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
Possession or ability to obtain certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or Certified Activities Director is preferred. Possession or ability to obtain lifeguard certification is also preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related health field preferred;
- experience working with clients who have mental illnesses or disabilities;
- experience leading or assisting with individual and group activities or events.
- mental illness and treatment techniques;
- principles of human development;
- Dementia care;
- assessment and documentation methods;
- therapeutic process and facilitation;
- treatment planning;
- leisure skills.
- plan, organize and facilitate therapeutic recreation groups and individual sessions to address patients’ social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual needs related to maintaining quality of life;
- work with adolescent, adult and geriatric patients;
- work collaboratively with treatment team and add therapeutic recreation input & recommendations;
- attend all required Therapeutic Recreation events, meetings, and trainings;
- mange time effectively;
- assist in other areas of the hospital when needed;
- be a positive role model;
- be creative;
- able to be physically active which may include swimming, running, jumping, bending, and lifting;
- effectively communicate to TR Coordinator and/or Supervisor of any problems, questions, or concerns.
This position provides the use of individualized activity interventions and modalities used as a treatment method for varying levels of clients to help meet their goals.
This position works primarily 9:30 a.m.. – 6:00 p.m., with every third weekend, every third holiday and occasional evenings for large events. Daily work times may vary based on needs of float position.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/y3j5jfln
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"