Posted on: August 05, 2021 • Category: Warehouse, Shipping, Manufacturing Supervisor
- Experience in warehouse, shipping and personnel supervision
- Understanding of warehouse management and shipping processes.
- Familiarity with MRP operating systems.
- Experience with bar coding processes and equipment.
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, train, mentor and terminate employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field is preferred.
Oversee all day-to-day activities of the warehouse and shipping departments as well as the associated personnel. Manage all inventory located in the warehouse as well as the flow of material to the assembly line.
Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Lead, guide and direct warehouse, cycle count and shipping employees as needed to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling and development.
- Planning work schedules for warehouse, cycle count and shipping personnel.
- Ensure warehouse count accuracy by maintaining an on-going cycle count process and supervision of cycle count personnel.
- Develop training program for new and current personnel to make sure that proper procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform periodic audits on receiving and shipping processes to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Analyze warehouse locations to identify sleeper and racer parts to adjust our storage needs.
- Oversee and monitor available stock to reduce the risk of part shortages.
- Work with buyers and trucking companies to maximize deliveries to take full advantage of receiving hours.
- Maintain the current bar coding process and look for more ways to implement this technology in the plant.
- Perform daily inspections for safety, cleanliness and supply levels.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all inventory transactions and physical movement of materials from receipt to stocking to distribution.
- Monitor outgoing shipments for quality and correct packaging.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with affected parties and stakeholders.
- Work on continuous improvement of all process and results in the warehouse and shipping departments.
- Other duties as assigned.