Posted on: March 11, 2020 • Category: Engineering Manufacturing
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineering (required)
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and procedures
- Specialized knowledge in being able to identify deviated material that is usable as far as fit for function.
- Ability to supervise Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Ability to advise technicians on Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Specialized knowledge and working ability of quality assurance statistical and an in depth knowledge of S.P.C. concepts and implementation techniques including performing and interpreting gage R&Rs or MSEs.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean tools.
- Knowledge of APQPs, FMEAs, PPAPs
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
The Quality Engineer will plan, implement and control various methods, equipment, procedures, and costs to monitor and control product quality as established by the Plant Quality Assurance Manager and Corporate Directives in areas of receiving inspection, final inspection, audit inspection, and other related areas.
- Assist in planning product quality goals and objectives.
- Analyze customer complaint reports, research causes of complaints, and implements permanent corrective actions to repetitive complaints along with clear and concise reports to customers and/or plant liaison designee.
- Supervise activities of Q.A. Analysis/Inspectors/Technicians/QE Technicians as Quality Assurance requirements and objectives dictates.
- Establishes and implements applicable quality assurance procedures for inspection of in house manufactured and supplied material, insures inspection data is recorded, and discrepant material impounded and appropriate supervisors/manufacturing managers notified if necessary.
- Provide required equipment, methods, procedures, and staffing to maintain adequate precision measuring instruments for the various manufacturing areas.
- Implements timely notification of discrepant in process material to those responsible. Insures adequate inspection records are maintained. Assists with corrective actions to repetitive quality problems.
- Provide assistance with internal and external supplier issues.
- Provides particular process capability and measurement system evaluation studies to assist in solving problems as requested by internal or external customers or as need dictates.
- Write objective reports based on observed data with applicable statistical data analysis techniques to draw scientific conclusions.
- Interfaces with supplier/customer on quality and/or other issues. Coordinates customer requested actions with responsible in plant personnel.
- Visits supplier/customer facilities when required to discuss quality related issues.
- When required, acts as an Representative for the QMS (Quality Management System).
- Perform sound testing/EU compliance on all machines that require sound testing to the European sound directive and compliance to the European Machinery Directive. Become proficient in both directives to assure machines comply with EU standards
- Other duties as determined by the Quality Manager.