Posted on: October 13, 2020 • Category: Environmental, Health and Safety, Manufacturing
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-6063
Visit Hydro Online!
2500 Alumax Road
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Education and Work Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ Experience required
If you are an organized leader with analytical and problem-solving skills, you may be a perfect fit to join our team. Under the direction of the Plant Manager this position is accountable for facilitating the development, organizing and monitoring deployment of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems and Environmental functions for the Yankton Operations. This position is also responsible for managing and deploying Loss Control operations which include medical, workers compensation and emergency response operations. Accountability also exists to oversee the environmental systems
- Working with the Operations Lead Team in the development and the implementation of the strategic direction for environmental, safety and health at Yankton Operations.
- Planning, organizing, deploying, and monitoring the health and safety systems for Yankton Operations. Recommend and coordinate implementation of Operations wide safety practices, procedures, and policies.
- Directing the deployment of safety and health training processes to meet all corporate and regulatory training requirements.
- Deployment of proactive risk assessment and behavioral safety systems to continually reduce fatality and injury potential.
- Ensuring adequate safety and health controls are designed and operating on new and existing equipment.
- Promoting continuous awareness of safety and health requirements to drive safe behavior of employees while production, quality and cost objectives are maintained.
- Manage, deploy, and maintain the Operations incident investigation and notification process
- Develop and communicate proactive analysis of injury/incident data of root causes of incidents.
- Manage and maintain the deployment of the emergency response and loss control systems
- Direct the planning and coordinating of the Operation’s environmental programs to ensure compliance with corporate policy and regulatory requirements
- Develop and monitor budgets for the environmental, health/safety and medical departments.
- Negotiate environmental permits
- Provide focus, definition and technical expertise in the development of our proactive environmental policy, vision and values that are in compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Represent the Company with regard to governmental agencies, business and trade groups, employees and the public on environmental matters
- Keep plant, and corporate environmental management informed on critical issues and potential adverse situations
- Must be able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, changing work environment
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you’re part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.