Posted on: January 07, 2021 • Category: Shipping - Manufacturing
Shipping and Receiving
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $13.50 - $15.00 per hour
Education: High School
Phone 1: 6056656000
Visit Shur-Co's Website
2309 Shur-Lok Street
Yankton, South Dakota, SD 57078
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid driver’s license
Must be able to successfully pass a forklift test
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The shipping Associate position works in a team to coordinate shipping activities by conducting the following responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- All U.S. invoicing duties-including (select for billing), printing of invoices, separating invoices, matching invoices to orders, distributing invoice copies for mailing and/or filing.
- Read computer files or gather records such as purchase orders, sales tickets, and charge slips, to compile needed data.
- Post transactions to accounting records such as work sheet, ledger, and select for billing or computer files.
- Print packing list for orders shipped and generate back orders at time of original order shipment.
- Wrap and bundle tubing for orders as needed.
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, and post weights and shipping charges, and affix postage, and bind containers with tape when required.
- Verbal quoting of freight rates and answering e-mail queries and verify customer payment method.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with personnel in other departments in order to ensure proper coordination of accounts receivable function.
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determine method of shipment, prepare bills of lading and oversee and assist loading operations by tier lift truck or manually.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Make sure all packages have the correct amount of padding so that it is insurable through our carrier.
Employment will be based on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check
Please contact Human Resources at 605-665-6000 for questions on the application process.
The position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance