Posted on: November 02, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing
Material Handler (Parts/Shipping & Receiving)
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Visit Us Online!
700 W 21st Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Education and Experience
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check, and random drug and /or alcohol screenings throughout employment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Forklift operation experience desired.
- Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse and locate files.
- Must be dependable, dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and use time wisely.
- Adept at problem-solving. Adaptable to new situations and challenges. Open to changes and new ideas.
- Ability to satisfactorily work alone with reasonable instructions, training, and supervision, and ability to work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate, expresses one’s needs, and asks questions.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and written and /or oral instructions.
- Ability to handle the stress that accompanies production standards and deadlines.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and make subsequent adjustments, and willingness to rework incorrect tasks completed by oneself or others.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Parts Department Supervisor and in cooperation with the Parts Department Leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receive materials from freight carrier by verifying receipt of proper number of crates, boxes, cartons, etc.
2. Inspect freight as delivered for shortages and damages.
3. Check shipments against packing slip.
4. Data entry of daily receipts.
5. Place material in stock, move to appropriate production department, or ship to customer/dealer.
1. Gather, verify, inspect, package, and ship parts per instructions.
2. Ability to use shipping software for small parcel packages.
3. Knowledge of various export packaging requirements.
Shop Floor Support:
1. Gather and/or disperse inventory items per issue notes to proper floor location.
2. Inspect completed manufactured parts as delivered to the storeroom and put into proper location.
1. Spend half of the day helping shipping.
2. Spend minimum of 2 hours on clean up and projects.
3. Help in processing RMAs.
4. Help out in any backlogged area.
Joint Parts Room and Production:
Primary role would be in outbound Freight (see above)
Crushing Material Handler:
1. When there is not work in the parts room help out in the Crushing area as a material handler.
2. Locate parts and move to appropriate areas.
3. Work with supervisors and leads to help organize and move parts.
4. Assist the crushing area where needed.
General Parts Room:
1. Maintain proper location and inventory counts in Epicor.
2. Perform cycle counts as required.
3. Perform local pick-up and delivery of mail, parts, supplies, etc.
4. Help in processing RMAs
5. Assist in any backlogged area
6. Operate and use various hand tools, forklifts, and overhead hoists and cranes.
7. Use computer when needed.
8. Maintain a safe, organized, and clean working environment.
9. Conserve Company resources.
10. Use Company property with care and respect, help maintain it in good working condition, and retain it on the premises.
11. Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified.
12. Interact with fellow employees, customers, truckers, and management in a cooperative, supportive, and courteous manner; comply with all Company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, upholding KPI Core Values.
13. Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity. These internal control responsibilities are communicated to the person in this position and periodic feedback is provided.
All duties are performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety and housekeeping.
Essential Functions of the Job (with or without reasonable accommodation)
1. Perform work standing on concrete up to 12 hours per day.
2. Willingness to train/work during hours outside of regularly-scheduled core shift.
3. Flexibility to work additional hours beyond the core work schedule when needed.
4. Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of any job tasks or positions within the company as assigned, outside of or in additional to primarily-assigned position, work area, and/or department.
5. Willing ness to assist with training and mentoring co-workers.
6. Regular and reliable attendance, appearing on time for each scheduled work day and working all the scheduled work hours.
7. Perform work safely in accordance with all Company safety policies, procedures, and Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
8. Perform work in various physical positions including standing, kneeling, squatting, bending, and reaching.
9. Ability to wear the Personal Protective Equipment required for this position, including but not limited to hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety boots with metatarsal guards, face shield, and gloves.
10. Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to safely do it. Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting. Please consider the size, shape, weight of the object to be pushed/pulled/lifted, the path and the distance you must travel along with your own physical ability. If necessary, please seek assistance with pushing/pulling/lifting tasks. Employees should never lift more than they are physically able to do.
11. Operate assortment of forklifts in parts room.
12. Ability to use and operate a variety of hand tools and devices.
13. Ability to understand printed and instructional material for guidance and specifications in order to sort, locate, and distribute parts in a correct and efficient manner.
14. Ability to apply common sense.
15. Ability to plan for a fluctuating work load to meet daily requirements.
16. Basic ability to use computer on a limited basis to obtain information.
17. Must complete and maintain forklift operation certification and be able to safely operate a forklift when necessary.
18. Perform work in heavy industrial setting involving congestion, with exposure to industrial fumes, smoke, dust, and noise. Work with exposure to heat, cold, and humidity.
19. Work involves climbing ladders and stairs. Moving heavy objects, using pneumatic tools, working with moving machinery and equipment, working near moving mechanical places and around electricity. There is risk of electrical shock associated with this job.
Wage Group 2:
1. Work primarily in one of the above listed areas in addition to the General Parts Room duties listed.
Wage Group 3:
- Be capable of working proficiently in all areas listed above, or proficient in a minimum of three areas listed above in addition to being cross-trained for another position in the facility outside of the Parts Room.
- Exemplify being a good team member and provide a positive attitude to the parts room.
- Actively working towards improving safety, efficiencies, and material handling in the parts room.
- Committed to a Quality First mentality, doing things right the first time and looking for ways to error proof processes.
- Be willing and able to serve as a project leader with two or three other employees when needed.
- Operate the Pay loader and Clark forklift in Yard.