Posted on: February 25, 2020 • Category: Welding - Manufacturing
Welders - 1st and 2nd shifts
Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Suggest and implement improvements. Follow up on details. Seek out productive work when assignments are completed. Actively participate in continuous improvement for our products and process to better serve our customers and improve the overall profitability.
Equipment: Tools, safety (metatarsal) shoes, safety glasses/goggles, gloves and other PPE as needed.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, standing for extended periods, lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly.
Essential Skills: Perform work standing on concrete a minimum of 8 hours up to 10 hours per day. Willingness to train or work during hours outside of scheduled shift. Must have regular and reliable attendance. Perform work safety in accordance with all company safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Safely perform welding, weld components with welding equipment to fit and join, fabricate and/or repair heavy and large mechanical products per specifications and in accordance with the production schedule.
Maintain a safe work environment
Work without close supervision
Details are dependent on duties assigned in general consist of the following:
- Perform weld duties
- Weld components with weld equipment as specified by procedures, layout, blueprint, diagrams, work order and oral instruction
- Have or must acquire the “basic” Weld Certification as the minimum requirement for all weld positions
- Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify or fabricate parts and/or equipment products
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, torches, drills, punches, tape measure and Air Arc
- Read, understand and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions and procedures
- Works from assembly prints and specifications
- Performs own set-ups and/or works from prints and /or job specification
- Maintain a level of work performance in accordance with Manitou standards and/or job specifications
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules and regulations
Multiple welding positions open on both the 1st and 2nd shift.
Stop by the Manitou facility to complete an application and stay for an on-site interview! 900 Ferdig Avenue, Yankton, SD. Pre-employment drug screen is required. Manitou is an EOE. Competitive wages and excellent benefits with extraordinary 401K match. Wages DOEQ. Pre-employment drug screen is required.