Posted on: March 10, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing, Manufacturing - Welding
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure accurately.
As a Fabric Welder for Shur-Co®, LLC, you’re primary responsibilities will be to lay out, fit, and heat weld a variety of fabric pieces together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for heat welding tasks as assigned by department manager.
- Responsible for the equipment care and proper machine settings to optimize the heat welding function.
- Report to the department manager any nonconformance of components and/or machine malfunction characteristics.
- Completion of daily record which documents completed work tasks.
- Responsible for utilizing set-up assistant to optimize welding task, which includes gathering parts and components for required assemblies as assigned by crew leader.
- Attendance and dependability are essential job functions, you must report to work on time and accurately complete the daily duties assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ABOUT SHUR-CO®: Shur-Co®, LLC, is headquartered in Yankton, South Dakota, and is a leading provider of covering systems, parts and service to the global transportation market. With over 60 years of industry experience, Shur-Co® now manufactures a wide offering of tarp systems and accessories for trucks, trailers, carts and specialty equipment used in the agriculture, construction, waste and flatbed markets. Shur-Co® operates 13 production sites and sales locations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, giving you the opportunity to work with employees and customers all over the world. We are always looking for well-qualified candidates to fill a variety of open positions. Check out all of our opportunities at www.Shur-Co.com/employment.