Posted on: April 02, 2021 • Category: Human Services, Nursing, Healthcare
Nursing Manager I (Charge RN)
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $31.41 - $36.36 DOQ plus shift pay plus weekend pay
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-668-3118
Benefits of working for the State of SD
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- professional nursing theory and practices;
- recent developments in the field of professional nursing applicable to the area of assignment;
- clinical procedures.
- supervise staff to ensure that the objectives of the work unit are met.
- provide training and work direction to ensure standard application of hospital and program policy and procedures
- engage in effective people management activities such as interviewing, hiring and training, including personnel actions such as performance reviews and corrective action to ensure adequate and competent staff.
- serve on treatment teams, which design the treatment program for each adjudicated youth, to ensure the most effective methods of behavior modifications are utilized.
- conduct interviews of juveniles to determine psychological problems, family dysfunction, personality type, level of maturity, and willingness to accept treatment.
- review case histories, biographies, and other data pertaining to the juvenile in order to determine problems, their causes, and possible remedies.
- report and document pertinent concerns or observations to the necessary professionals
- conduct meetings with treatment staff to discuss the progress of each juvenile.
- give direction on how to handle behavioral problems and incidents of non-compliance and ensures consistency and effectiveness of treatment being provided.
- educate staff to ensure safe practice and competence
- evaluate standards of practice and quality of care to ensure program effectiveness and to identify opportunities for procedural improvement and recommend modification to standard procedures.
- ensure documentation, delivery of care and expected outcomes are in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations of assigned unit/area.
- keep records and charts;
- follow oral and written instructions;
- communicate clearly and concisely;
- operate a variety of medical equipment;
- apply general nursing techniques and practices;
- instruct or train nursing and direct care staff;
- maintain a helpful and sympathetic attitude toward patients;
- deal tactfully with patients and staff.
The Nursing Manager I (Charge Nurse) oversees nursing care on an assigned shift or area by supervising nursing practices and/or staff, assessing the needs of patients and implementing appropriate nursing interventions, determining if a physician’s attention is necessary, and following physician’s orders to ensure medical care is provided to individuals with mental illnesses according to standard nursing practices and agency policy.
This position works primarily pm/night hours, including holidays and weekends, and may include four, eight and twelve-hour shifts.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"