Posted on: March 13, 2020 • Category: Human Services, Nursing, Healthcare
Nursing Manager I (House Supervisor)
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-668-3100
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- professional nursing theory;
- current nursing practice;
- clinical procedures;
- effective methods of supervision and nursing leadership;
- psychiatric and medical disorders.
- communicate therapeutically;
- maintain therapeutic professionalism;
- be empathetic and tactful with patients/families;
- apply nursing theory and practice;
- assess mental and physical status/needs of patients presenting for admission and hospitalized patients in medical and/or psychiatric emergencies;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- supervise and educate staff;
- communicate information clearly and concisely.
This position supervises the overall operation after regular working hours of a hospital serving mentally ill and chemically dependent patients. Responsibilities include ensuring nursing services are provided according to standard nursing practices and in compliance with hospital and program policies; completing assessment and admission of patients as well as discharges; ensuring adequate hospital staffing; coordinating emergency situations; and providing hospital liaison with outside agencies, patients, families, etc.
This is a part-time position working primarily 8:00 P.M. - 8:00 A.M., including every third weekend and holiday. This position works two to three 12-hour shifts per week.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=6DV
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"