Posted on: March 19, 2021 • Category: Engineering - Manufacturing
- BS Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing required.
- 2 or more years of experience in fabrication and welding of construction and agricultural equipment is (preferred)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and computer skills are required. Must be able to able to gather, manipulate and analyze data
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and computer skills are required.
- Must be able to gather, manipulate and analyze data.
- Internal – Manitou Employees
- External – Manitou Contractors and Vendors
The Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the plant, responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to insure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while ensuring efficient use of resources. The position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
- Determine the processes, identify the materials, designs and builds appropriate fixtures necessary for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
- Establishes bills of material, manufacturing routings, machine burdens, and new work centers.
- Creates standard work instructions for products to be manufactured.
- Processes internal engineering change orders (ECOs), incorporates the changes, and ensures changes become effective.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of production and other worker operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies.
- Institutes changes in the production processes and/or recommends adjustments to product pricing.
- Will create, modify and implement cell and factory layouts.
- Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Confers with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling in ensuring efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regard manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate the production process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manitou Group, a world leader in rough-terrain handling, invents, produces, distributes and services material for construction, agriculture and industries. We design, manufacture, distribute, and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earth moving activities that work smarter, faster, safer and cost efficiently. Through its iconic brands - Manitou, Gehl and Mustang by Manitou - and its network of 1,500 dealers worldwide, the group offers the best solutions by creating optimum value for its customers. With its headquarters in France, the group recorded a revenue of 1.9 billion euros across 140 countries in 2018, and it employs 4,400 people who are all committed to satisfying customers.
We are passionate about our products and people. We are a company that thrives on employee engagement and driven to achieve excellence. We are proud of delivering results through accountability, collaboration, integrity and teamwork. We are Manitou.
Convinced that work is a source of self-fulfillment, we look after the well-being of our teams by improving their work environment on a daily basis with a proactive Health and Safety Culture, open communication, recognition and developing our talent.
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including Medical/Dental/Vision, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year and so much more!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.