Posted on: June 04, 2021 • Category: Secretary, Healthcare Support
Community Health Secretary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to learn and work in multiple computer software applications.
- Must be able to explain programs and processes at a client's level of understanding and gather information in a confidential and respectful manner.
- Valid Drivers License & ability to travel
- High School Diploma or GED
- Incumbent will be trained to meet the required level of expertise to perform duties described and will receive ongoing technical assistance based on assessments of job proficiency.
- Multi-lingual applicants are desired, and/or must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with interpreters to serve culturally and socio-economically diverse populations
The community health secretary assists health professionals with the provision of public health services for individuals, families, and communities. The candidate selected will work as a member of a healthcare team serving clients eligible for Women, Infants, and Children's (WIC) Program, immunizations, and other public health services.
8-hour days (8am to 5pm, 1-hour lunch)/Monday through Friday.
Key Responsibilities (may not include all of the functions performed)
- Duties include reception and completion of office intake processes for multiple programs.
- The candidate will learn and apply federal and state policies for programs, includingappointment protocols & scheduling, documenting financial and other eligibility criteria, and providing services within the scope of the clerical role.
- Office management duties include supply and inventory maintenance, marketing and outreach activities, billing and collection of fees, and responsibilities for business protocols related to third-party payer billing.
- The candidate will help link individuals and families to community resources.
8-hour days (8am to 5pm, 1-hour lunch)/Monday through Friday
Salary to be Determined
Benefits: Employer paid single health insurance coverage, mandatory retirement plan, 11 paid holidays, sick and vacation accrual, Longevity pay after 6 years
Applications can be sent to:
Yankton County Auditor
321 W 3rd, Suite 100
Yankton, SD 57078