Posted on: January 20, 2021 • Category: Welding, Manufacturing
Heavy Welder/Robot Operator
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Learn more about Kolberg-Pioneer, Inc!
700 W 21st St
Yankton, SD 57078
Education and Experience
- Must pass applicant weld test to be considered for this position.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Welding training and/or experience required.
- Relevant trade school or college course work desired.
- Ability to correctly use and read a tape measure, and read/understand job-related blueprints, required.
- Heavy equipment manufacturing experience desired.
- Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse, and locate and open/close files.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check, and random drug and/or alcohol screenings throughout employment.
- Must be dependable, dedicated to completing work assignments correctly, and use time wisely.
- Adept at problem-solving. Adaptable to new situations and challenges. Open to changes and new ideas.
- Ability to satisfactorily work alone with reasonable and appropriate instructions, training, and supervision, and ability to work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and completely, expressing needs, and asking questions.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to handle the stress that accompanies production standards and deadlines.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and make subsequent adjustments, and willingness to rework incorrect tasks completed by oneself or others.
Under the direction of the Department Production Supervisor and in cooperation with the Team Leader, weld metal components safely with welding equipment to correctly fit and join, fabricate, and/or repair heavy and large mechanical products in the production process of heavy and large mechanical products, per specifications and in accordance with the production schedule, making independent decisions with minimal direct supervision given appropriate instructions. Operator is also responsible for loading parts, running proven programs, repair and completion of welds, along with maintaining the weld cell consumables.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting parts before loading into the robotic cell; may require part clean up by using grinders and other similar tools.
- Loading and securing parts to be welded into appropriate fixtures.
- Inspecting all robotic equipment and completing preventive maintenance check list.
- Changing consumables as needed.
- Performing other standard manual welding duties as needed when the robot is running.
- Fitting and tacking parts in secondary operations as required.
- Removing part from robotic cell when program is complete. Inspecting weldments and completing manual welding as needed.
Additional Qualifications with Appropriate and Reasonable Training Time:
Welder Wage Group 4: Meets all requirements for Wage Groups 2 and 3, and assigned to the Heavy Welding Dept. Must be proficient with flux core wire including 0.045, 1/16th, and 3/32nd sizes, and have GMAW-1GL and FCAW-1GU welding qualifications. Ability to do all welding tasks required of or assigned to the Heavy Welding Dept. Use of Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) required when tacking and welding with flux core wire.