Posted on: September 20, 2019 • Category: Design
Technical Design Specialist (part-time)
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Careers at KPI
700 W. 21st Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Training in graphics and publishing software preferred including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and FrameMaker.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software, engineering modeling, and drawing software.
- Ability to operate a computer and general office equipment, including Microsoft Office Software.
- Familiar with cameras and photography techniques.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Very conscientious with technical writing and detailed proofreading and accuracy.
Use knowledge of current design and engineering and publishing software to produce visual materials for technical manuals, replacement parts manuals, technical bulletins, packaging & labeling, and informative and instructional material for access through a variety of media outlets such as websites, CD-ROMs, and printed material. Generates and manipulates graphic images, text from engineering drawings, and production software into consolidated and seamless information for customers and dealerships. Must remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within engineering, production, and sales.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a replacement parts manual for each piece of Kolberg-Pioneer equipment, using the engineering bill of material, engineering models, and engineering drawings.
- Develop artwork for decals, labels and other required materials using Adobe Illustrator.
- Assist in creating technical documents and materials including video.
- Determine which vendor materials should be included with each technical manual and contact necessary personnel inside and/or outside the company to obtain the materials.
- Identify and include drawings or other information necessary for equipment set-up and installation.
- Create, update, and maintain Engineering bulletins for all equipment.
- Use current software to create, update, and post technical information for Company website.
- Drawing duplication – scan and/or print.
- Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Mail, UPS, or overnight information as required.
- Duplicate, compile, package, and mail materials.
- Recordkeeping and filing.
- Provide assistance and/or perform other related duties as assigned.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws. All information provided in your application will be treated as confidential and will be used to help ensure the best use of your abilities if employed by KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens. We strive to maintain a competitive wage or salary structure which allows the Company to recruit and maintain an effective work force. An employee’s total compensation consists not only of the wage/salary, but also the various benefits offered. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, free disability coverage, 401(k) with 75 percent company match, paid vacation after 6 months, paid holidays, and a profit-sharing plan.