Posted on: July 08, 2021 • Category: Health Care
Medical Laboratory Technician
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: $18.36 per hour
Phone 1: 605-668-3118
Visit Us Online
Human Services Center
1104 W 8th St.
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
Applicants must meet the following requirement to be considered: Must be qualified to perform moderate complexity testing under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act.
Comments: No blood bank or microbiology skills required. Flexible Monday through Friday day hours and minimal on-call time.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- safe laboratory procedures;
- the principles, practices, equipment and procedures of medical laboratory science including physiology, hematology, phlebotomy, immunology, analytical chemistry and urinalysis.
- effectively organize and plan work to meet work objectives;
- establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and patients;
- exercise good judgment in appraising situations and in making decisions;
- communicate information clearly and accurately;
- use and maintain laboratory equipment;
- perform laboratory testing accurately;
- evaluate test results; and,
- collect quality blood samples appropriate for lab tests ordered.
This position collects blood samples (phlebotomy duties) and performs chemical, biological, hematological and microscopic laboratory tests to identify a variety of disease states and monitor effects of treatment under the supervision of a medical technologist or lab supervisor.
This is a part-time position with the Department of Social Services at the South Dakota Human Services Center. For more information on DSS, please visit http://dss.sd.gov.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=DOZ
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"