Posted on: January 13, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-6000
Careers at Shur-Co
2309 Shur-Lok Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages. Required to read and use a tape measure accurately.
- Inspect dimensional vinyl tarps, caps and pieces for defects and conformance to manufacturing specifications by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Visually examine and feel surface of vinyl or products to detect defects such as mismatched color, size, squareness and cosmetic looks, accuracy of tarp products.
- Verify conformance of tarps or products to dimensional specifications per print.
- Record quantity of material approved and rejected on inspection report.
- Attendance and dependability are essential job functions, you must report to work on time and accurately complete the daily duties assigned.
When you join the Shur-Co® LLC team, you will be immediately connected with a diverse team of over 300 passionate employees spread out over nine different states and four countries. Our employees go the extra mile to provide our customers with the best possible products. They take pride in their jobs, and their dedication and attention to detail have earned us the respect of the tarping and transportation industries.
At Shur-Co®, we recognize the hard work of our employees and like to show our appreciation by offering a full slate of excellent benefit options and competitive salaries. Join our team and apply today!