Posted on: April 29, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-668-2406
Visit us online
900 Ferdig Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Previous experience with MRP systems (preferred)
- Experience operating forklift, pickers and other lift equipment
- 1-2 years experience operating forklift (preferred)
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently within established parameters and meet deadlines.
- Ability to reason and solve problems.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively in English
- Knowledge of basic math skills and some computer experience.
- Ability to use a calculator and perform basic math calculations accurately.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with cycle counting a plus.
The cycle counter’s main responsibility will be to compile and maintain records of quantity, type, and value; count material, property, equipment, and merchandise; verify record computations, and continuously improves the cycle counting process
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES :
- Performs system generated cycle counts, verifying that quantity on hand is accurate
- Run Cycle Count Reports, Cycle count product, and reconcile variances- using various reports and processes.
- Investigates and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Investigates and determine the cause of errors for corrective action
- Makes necessary system transactions to maintain inventory accuracy
- Operates a forklift or cherry picker when necessary to access merchandise being counted
- Researches and completes special independent projects as assigned
- Standardizes and improves cycle counting processes
- All duties are performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety and housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Maintain safe work environment accordingly to all department procedure.
This position is a hybrid position residing in an office at a desk using a computer however the person would be out in the production area performing cycle counts.
Interested employees can email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at Manitou, 900 Ferdig Ave. Yankton.