Posted on: November 19, 2020 • Category: Marketing - Sales, Manufacturing
Parts Sales Inside Representative
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Compensation: fair and competitive wages – wage will depending on education, experience, qualifications
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-9311
Visit us online!
700 W. 21st Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
Qualifications and Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form in English and another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is preferred.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is strongly desired, or at least two years of business or customer service experience, or a combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Personal Characteristics: Ability to work well with others, exercise sound judgment and solve problems, work independently and effectively manage workload, and work well under pressure. This employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be resourceful, well-organized, meticulous, and accurate.
- Skills: Ability to operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, calculator, photocopier, and fax machine. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, Internet software, and E-mail. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferable.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, this employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the environment varies from low to moderate.
- Physical Demands: This employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and handle items. This employee is frequently required to sit. This employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. This employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This employee is occasionally required to travel by air and/or auto for business purposes.
Perform all duties associated with parts sales orders, or any duties assigned by Parts Sales Operation Leader.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all parts sales orders received from dealers and customers. Evaluate orders or inquiries offering advice and do suggestive selling.
- Check parts numbers and descriptions with parts catalog for accuracy.
- Receive dealer/customer requests to return goods and warranty considerations. Obtain appropriate controlled forms from accounting and issue to customer, process and credit when complete.
- Daily filing of Part Sales materials and paperwork.
- Prepare quotations as requested by distributors or customers.
- Follow-up on previous correspondence and open quotations.
- Coordinate with Engineering any changes on equipment when special parts need to be manufactured.
- Assist Leader with dealer management to include dealer visits, dealer stock levels, training, and dealer selection.
- Assist Leader in development and execution of marketing strategy for parts sales.
- Work on parts price book as required.
- Inform Leader of stock shortages or inventory discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly administration tasks.
- Participate in cross-department teams and committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as instructed.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws. All information provided in your application will be treated as confidential and will be used to help ensure the best use of your abilities if employed by KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens. We strive to maintain a competitive wage or salary structure which allows the Company to recruit and maintain an effective work force. An employee’s total compensation consists not only of the wage/salary, but also the various benefits offered. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, free disability coverage, 401(k) with 75 percent company match, paid vacation after 6 months, paid holidays, and a profit-sharing plan.