Posted on: March 06, 2020 • Category: Procurement Manager, Manufacturing
Education: 4-year degree in a business-related field, such as business management or contract management with a procurement, supply chain, or finance emphasis required. 2 years of experience in job related field preferred.
- Ability to attain and negotiate pricing for stock items, special orders, special projects, and services.
- Evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety.
- Initiate and implement process and cost improvement initiatives for departments.
- Ability to manage staff throughout the facility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple computer software.
This position is in the Midwest Region, Yankton, SD location. This position reports to the Controller.
Directs and coordinates the procurement, warehousing, inventory control, and distribution of various products or other related services. Oversees the writing, review, awarding, and the negotiating of contracts of various kinds, plus the completion of complex purchasing projects. Provides procurement expertise to meet Company location operational requirements. Performs advanced research on market trends, market forces, pricing, supply problems, and develops and screens product specifications to make purchasing decisions. Provides direction and guidance to location management, colleagues, and suppliers regarding Corporate and local procurement policies, regulations, and procedures and initiatives. Provides supervision and direction to the Company location procurement team. Coordinates strategically leveraged procurement activities with the Company Central Procurement Team.
- Coordinates and/or acts as a procurement liaison between company location operations, work units, departments, and suppliers.
- Responsible for processing, communicating, and maintaining spreadsheet of history of purchase orders to the vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring materials are received in a timely manner at correct pricing.
- Accountable for accurate pricing information for a wide range of projects.
- Monitors frequency of purchases and recommends options to increase process effectiveness and purchasing power.
- Maintain all reports and filing requirements.
- Analyze, summarize and/or review data; report findings, interpret results and/or make recommendations.
- Responsible for supporting department budgets.
- Sets goals, establishes priorities, manages resources, develops concepts and approaches, monitors project progress and results, and makes management decisions regarding procurement activities.
- Take an active role in managing the staff
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or Corporate or location standards, guidelines and policies.
From Day One with Hydro, employees can enjoy benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company match/contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus plan eligibility for all levels of employees
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.