Posted on: March 18, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-668-2406
Visit Us Online
900 Ferdig Street
Yankton, Yankton, SD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Engineering and/or Manufacturing/Operation Management.
- Minimum five year’s management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work schedule flexibility, with strong teamwork orientation
- Demonstrate leadership ability, including experience in coaching and training others.
- Understand and support company policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of Google software application along with the Microsoft suite software including Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Access.
- Highly organized, detail orientated with good problem solving skills.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for managing and directing a team of engineers and the maintenance department to support the day-to-day manufacturing engineering processes and the maintenance department within the plant. This position will be responsible to ensure all manufacturing engineering and maintenance processes are efficient and effective and will include managing response to non-conformance investigations and dispositions and identifying, communicating and resolving production lines issues. This position will support the safety performance and measurements to assist in achieving Yankton’s safety goals.
The position will coordinate engineering technical support for manufacturing and sustaining engineering projects, and provide direct support to projects as applicable to the needs of the project. The individual is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, guide, direct, grow and manage the Manufacturing Engineering team members and projects
- Promote and maintain safe work behaviors, tools and organization in all Manufacturing Operations Areas by utilizing a safe observation work process
- Identify new technology that will drive productivity. Facilitate the completion of capital investment projects on time and within budget
- Lead manufacturing cost reduction efforts through identifying and supporting process improvement opportunities related to configurable standard product designs, design for manufacture, standard materials, standard process flows, 6S, point of use for tooling, consumables, etc.
- Manage various maintenance projects/improvements, rework of non-conforming maintenance projects.
- Set manufacturing and technology long term strategic focus and plans
- Maintain Engineering knowledge database
- Achieve departmental financial objectives
- Continually improve manufacturing processes to improve cost, quality and throughput.
- Identify and develop new capital projects required to achieve plant objectives.
- Identify and generate capital equipment requests needed to support improvements in safety, throughput, quality, capacity, new products and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that the tools and fixtures required to support processes are available and in good working order. Introduce new parts and processes that support new product development.
- Manage various projects that support product development, facilities improvement, rework of non-conforming products, etc.
- Oversee the installation of new product processes, including major changes.
- File reports with the state and federal EPA on air, water and waste disposal status. Ensure the plant is compliant with state and federal regulations.