Posted on: November 18, 2019 • Category: Manufacturing
Electro/Mechanical II Technician
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: Associate's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-4425 x110
Visit Us Online!
2008 E Hwy 50
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- Two year technical degree and/or relevant work experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Must demonstrate consistently being a good example of providing informal leadership and excellent work ethic.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Relevant maintenance experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with basic PLC and HVAC experience.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, technical capacity and problem solving/analysis abilities.
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed.
- Must possess strong computer skills including any software’s relevant to the position.
The EM II Tech is an entry level Electro/Mechanical position. The EM II Tech requires some degree of supervision when performing maintenance activities. Individuals in the EM II position may require some specific training or direct supervision before approved to performing specific task. The EM II Tech is responsible for facility and equipment repairs consisting of electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. This individual is expected to apply electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in troubleshooting equipment malfunctions. Then apply technical skills in restoring equipment to normal operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting company policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good maintenance practices.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repair of electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment in all areas of manufacturing.
- Participates in maintenance “On Call” schedule which consist of providing emergency services and repair of equipment during off scheduled hours.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for following company “Lock – Out – Tag – Out” procedures. • Advises all appropriate personnel of in process maintenance activities and requirements for working safely with equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate personnel of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists all personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists with the training of other maintenance and technical-level employees.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facilities.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Able to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Support other Duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will primarily work on the manufacturing floor. The employee normally works near moving mechanical parts, vibration, electricity, and in precarious places. This position is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and sharp objects and a risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions. No travel is expected for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, sitting, reaching, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, and using hands and fingers all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
**Must pass a post-offer background check and drug screen**