Posted on: October 05, 2019 • Category: Manufacturing
Quality Technician – Final Inspection
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-4425
Learn more about Applied Engineering
2008 E Hwy 50
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess strong computer skills, with experience in Word, Excel, and other windows based software.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently generate instructions, reports, etc.
- Strong reading, writing, problem solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
This is a multi-shift position. It can be anticipated that some activities may require daily or weekend scheduling requirements as well as night shift assignments such as training, audits, etc
This position will interact with internal customers.
This position may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed to complete part analysis.
This position requires an annual near and color vision exam (company paid).
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently performing visual inspections of product to the internal and external customer specification
- Interpret specifications and perform inspections based on those customer requirements/standard work within the given router times
- Responsible for filling out nonconformance reports with specific details from the specifications including locations and paragraphs supporting the rejection and providing a clear description of the nonconformance
- Use inspection equipment in accordance to the training standard in order to provide accurate and consistent inspections
- Responsible for providing accurate, repeatable, and consistent inspections with attention to detail and making sure the part(s) is acceptable per the customer specifications and drawings and that any rejections are supported by the specification, not opinion
- Determine and take action on the steps to attain continuous improvement to inspection standard work and inspection methods
- Must be able and willing to engage in various improvement activities on the plant floor and out of the office
- Other duties as required