Posted on: January 05, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate will assist Fabrication Equipment Operators by loading extrusions into processing equipment including saws, punch presses, and rolling machines.
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- From time to time, candidate will be required to assist neighbouring production departments and with duties associated in those areas.
- Will be required to work with small sections in short cut lengths, to material in excess of 50 feet.
- Employee must be able to have good vision or corrective lens to see visual defects.
- Must be able to lift to 50# and be able to keep up with the people that they are paired up with
- Standing: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (can accommodate)
- Walking: Required to perform job duties
- Sitting: Limited (can accommodate)
- Crawling: None
- Climbing: Limited
- Bending: Necessary to perform job duties (can accommodate)
- Reaching: Necessary to perform job duties
- Grasping: Necessary to perform job duties
- Hearing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Seeing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Speaking: Necessary to perform job duties
- Lifting: Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
To assist fabrication in completion of customer requests and assemblies.
HEALTH / SAFETY / ENVIRONMENT / HOUSEKEEPING:
- Abides by Hydro’s company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to Supervision or HSE Manager.
- Fills out ‘Near Miss’ paperwork on any unsafe condition or act.
- Participates in daily pre-shift safety talk.
- Understands Hydro’s safety initiatives and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Employee will stretch at the start of his or her shift.
- Employee will wear proper PPE.
- Candidate will be a valuable spoke in the production team wheel.
- Responsible for unloading finished products, may include specific packaging requests that will be completed according to detailed instructions.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.