Posted on: February 18, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate will assist Fabrication Equipment Operators by loading extrusions into processing equipment including saws, punch presses, and rolling machines.
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- From time to time, candidate will be required to assist neighbouring production departments and with duties associated in those areas.
- Will be required to work with small sections in short cut lengths, to material in excess of 50 feet.
- Employee must be able to have good vision or corrective lens to see visual defects.
- Must be able to lift to 50# and be able to keep up with the people that they are paired up with
- Standing: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (can accommodate)
- Walking: Required to perform job duties
- Sitting: Limited (can accommodate)
- Crawling: None
- Climbing: Limited
- Bending: Necessary to perform job duties (can accommodate)
- Reaching: Necessary to perform job duties
- Grasping: Necessary to perform job duties
- Hearing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Seeing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Speaking: Necessary to perform job duties
- Lifting: Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
To assist fabrication in completion of customer requests and assemblies.
HEALTH / SAFETY / ENVIRONMENT / HOUSEKEEPING:
- Abides by Hydro’s company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to Supervision or HSE Manager.
- Fills out ‘Near Miss’ paperwork on any unsafe condition or act.
- Participates in daily pre-shift safety talk.
- Understands Hydro’s safety initiatives and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Employee will stretch at the start of his or her shift.
- Employee will wear proper PPE.
- Candidate will be a valuable spoke in the production team wheel.
- Responsible for unloading finished products, may include specific packaging requests that will be completed according to detailed instructions.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave