Posted on: September 23, 2019 • Category: Manufacturing
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605-665-4425 x110
Visit Us Online!
2208 East Highway 50
Yankton, Yankton, SD 57078
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess basic computer skills, including knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs
- Reading, writing, problem solving, and mechanical skills with hand/eye coordination
- The ability to teach and train others as needed
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
- Previous MRP/ERP experience helpful.
- This position requires the ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 60 pounds.
The Wrapping position is part of the materials team and will create packaging, receive finished goods into inventory and ensure product is wrapped effectively to prevent damage both in storage in the warehouse and in transit to the customer. This individual will perform system transactions, pull required packaging materials and ensure customers receive material free of damage. This individual will possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. This individual will possess a positive attitude and look for innovate ways to continually meet or exceed our customer’s expectation, both internally and externally
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather packaging materials required for package of product.
- Package product sufficiently for transport to customer facility and in compliance with customer specification.
- Aid in the creation of packaging designs for new and existing product.
- Perform system transactions for movement of the material between warehouses, bin locations and inventory corrections as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times, including 6s activities.
- Must have a high level of detail, able to visually identify nonconforming conditions and be able to document these instances.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other team members and communicates effectively across different work centers, shifts, and skill levels.
- Expected to maintain a strong work ethic, attendance record, and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to understand and follow all processes and procedures of the company and/or materials area.
- Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in a manufacturing environment. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration, and sharp tooling or objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.