Posted on: October 31, 2019 • Category: Manufacturing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a practical understanding and proficiency in engineering drawing interpretation to include GD&T requirements.
- Must possesss strong computer skills, with experience in Word, Excel, and other windows based software.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently generate instructions, reports, etc.
- Strong reading, writing, problem solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
The Quality Technician-In Process Inspector plays and essential role in our business verifying product conformance to the customers' dimensional criteria. This position also interacts with our internal customers to provide guidance on external customers' requirements. This individual is a proven performer with high attention to detail and possesses strong organizations skills while taking direction from several different functions.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently performing visual inspections of product to the internal and external customer specification using open setups, CMMs, and other measuring equipment
- Interpret specifications and perform inspections based on those customer requirements/standard work within the given router times
- Use inspection equipment in accordance to the training standard in order to provide accurate and consistent inspections.
- Responsible for assuring each step required in the inspection process is documented.
- Responsible for filling out nonconformance reports with specific details from the specifications including locations and paragraphs supporting the rejection and providing a clear description of the nonconformance
- Responsible for providing accurate, repeatable, and consistent inspections with attention to detail and making sure the part(s) is acceptable per the customer specifications and drawings and that any rejections are supported by the specification, not opinion
- Determine and take action on the steps to attain continuous improvement to inspection standard work and inspection methods
- Must be able and willing to engage in various improvement activities on the plant floor and out of the office
- Responsible for reviewing and completing quality validations and/or documentation
- Other duties as required
This is a multi-shift position. It can be anticipated that some activities may require daily or weekend scheduling requirements as well as night shift assignments such as training, audits, etc. This position will interact with internal customers.
This position may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed to complete part analysis. This position requires an annual near and color vision exam (company paid).