Posted on: December 05, 2019 • Category: Quality Manager, Manufacturing
Applied Engineering, Inc.
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 605-665-4425
Applied Engineering, Inc.
2008 East Hwy 50
Yankton, SD 57078
- Four year degree in an engineering or quality field with four years relevant work experience in a management/supervisor environment.
- Must have a strong understanding and proficiency in engineering drawing interpretation to include GD&T requirements
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Must demonstrate consistently being a good example of providing informal leadership and excellent work ethic.
- Experience with manufacturing systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, and problem solving/analysis abilities
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in an office environment as well as the manufacturing floor. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. This position may require travel with overnight stays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; the employee is occasionally required reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
The Quality Manager is part of the manufacturing support team; this position oversees quality systems/operations and must be able to maximize machine and labor utilization while meeting goals for safety, quality, delivery, and profitability. The Quality Manager ensures the quality team works together cohesively with all departments and is responsible for leading and directing the work of assigned reports as well as resource planning, implementing lean practices, and achieving operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing leadership, communicating the plan, providing feedback, identifying/assisting in solving issues, and creating organizational structure.
- Supports company policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- Manages production activities related to the quality departments which includes establishing priorities, scheduling, continuous improvement, and production flow inhibitors
- Manages the department staffing requirements; this includes scheduling, cross training, interviewing, hiring, discipline and performance evaluations.
- Create and achieve department measurables that effectively support meeting or exceeding overall company objectives and goals.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by participating in education workshops, reviewing professional publications, and implementing cost effective and profitable ways to increase company effectiveness.
- Assist in developing equipment, and operations for best utilization of resources.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, and auditing ISO/AS, NADCAP, and customer certifications
- Identify – Research – Implement new process technology, and methods that will improve process flow, increase capacity, and improve quality.
- Manage quality training procedures to insure repeatable processes.
- Assists in the coordination and launch of new/revised products and processes.
- Ensure all department policies and procedures are maintained and followed at all times.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Assists in investigating and correcting customer issues and complaints related to quality along with implementing and sustaining customer requirements and flow downs.
- Responsible for maintaining quality documentation and engineering change order controls
- Promotes 6S within the company and plays and active role in managing 6S in areas of responsibility
- Manages and recognizes risk; proactively drives results.
- Oversees the creation of accurate and clear work instructions to insure repeatable inspection processes.
- Works with all departments to create/negotiate an effective plan; follows up with necessary adjustments to support both internal and external requirements
- Drives and implements continuous improvements through lean tools, researching new technology, statistical data, developing people and processes.
- Applies the cost vs. benefit concept when making decisions on how resources are being allocated and / or consumed.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements lean manufacturing systems to remove and manage the 8 wastes
- Support other Duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position manages employees in the quality departments and is responsible for performance management and hiring of those employees.
Applied Engineering, Inc. 2008 East Highway 50 Yankton, SD 57078 T: (605) 665-4425 F: (605) 665-1479 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applied Engineering, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K and Roth plans with Employer Match
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick and Vacation leave
- Workers Compensation insurance
- Paid Jury Duty
- Benefits continuation
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible work hours
- Unemployment Insurance
- Length of Service Awards
- Stopping Tobacco Use Assistance
- Payment for required safety equipment
- Pay Advances and Purchase Assistance
- Unpaid Personal leave