Posted on: November 09, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing
Die Repair Specialist
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Education: High School
Phone 1: 605.668.2344
Visit Us Online!
2500 Alumax Road
Yankton, SD 57078
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Employee must be able to have good vision or corrective lens to see visual defects.
- Must be able to lift to 50# and keep up with the people they are paired with on assigned task.
- Standing: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (may accommodate)
- Walking: Required to perform job duties
- Sitting: Limited (may accommodate)
- Crawling: None
- Climbing: Limited
- Bending: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Reaching: Necessary to perform job duties
- Grasping: Necessary to perform job duties
- Hearing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Seeing: Necessary to perform job duties
- Speaking: Necessary to perform job duties
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Identify tooling by size, type and where it is stored.
- Understand the meaning of the numbers stencilled on the tooling.
- Proper operation and inspection of the fork trucks, cranes, hoist, die press, sandblaster, extrude hone, Nitrider, and caustic systems.
- Enter data into computer system.
- Understand hazards and what chemicals are used in caustic and nitrider area’s.
- Identify defects on die bearings and technique to repair them.
- Read section prints and inspect extrusions to the print.
Job Summary/Objective: Prepare dies and support tooling for the press according to press schedule. Transport dies to and from press. Maintain dies and learn correction procedures.
- Identifies, mitigates, and eliminates risk by working in a safe manner and in compliance with JSA or other safety systems.
- Reports any unsafe condition or behaviour immediately to (in sequence) Frontline Leadership, Supervision, Die Repair Manager, or HSE Manager.
- Understands Hydro’s safety initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and organization in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Employee will stretch at the start of his or her shift.
- Employee will wear proper PPE in accordance with Hydro policy, JSA, and other safety programs.
- Attends monthly safety training as scheduled and positively engages in the training sessions.
- Support safety systems such as WOC’s, IFE’s, and touch audits through involvement in the programs.
- On time and present at all scheduled toolbox meetings and supports toolbox content by engagement.
- Cultivates and helps drive a culture for good housekeeping, organization, and cleanliness through leading by example, positive motivation, and efficient time management.
- Assure completion of daily safety inspections – i.e. mobile equipment, light curtains, crane(s), torch, welder, fire extinguishers, ladder(s), eye wash inspections, etc. where responsible.
- Moderate understanding of die repair processes and the environmental impact.
- Sandblast and extrude hone dies.
- Gather support tooling and assemble dies for assigned presses.
- Prep dies for caustic, return support tooling to storage racks.
- Assist with loading and unloading caustic and Nitrider baskets.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave