Posted on: March 01, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing
Die Shop Set up
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Employee must be able to have good vision or corrective lens to see visual defects.
Must be able to lift to 50# and keep up with the people they are paired with on assigned task.
- Standing: Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (may accommodate)
- Walking: Required to perform job duties
- Sitting: Limited (may accommodate)
- Crawling: None
- Climbing: Limited
- Bending: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Reaching: Necessary to perform job duties
- Grasping: Necessary to perform job duties
- Hearing: Necessary to perform job duties (may accommodate)
- Seeing: Necessary to perform job duties
- Speaking: Necessary to perform job duties
- Read section prints and inspect extrusions to the print.
Prepare dies and support tooling for the press according to press schedule. Transport dies to and from press. Maintain dies and learn correction procedures.
HEALTH / SAFETY / ENVIRONMENT / HOUSEKEEPING:
- Abides by Hydro's company rules, policies and procudures
- Identifies, mitigates, and eliminates risk by working in a safe manner and in compliance with JSA or other safety systems.
- Reports any unsafe condition or behaviour immediately to (in sequence) Frontline Leadership, Supervision, Die Repair Manager, or HSE Manager.
- Understands Hydro’s safety initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and organization in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Employee will stretch at the start of his or her shift.
- Employee will wear proper PPE in accordance with Hydro policy, JSA, and other safety programs.
- Attends monthly safety training as scheduled and positively engages in the training sessions.
- Support safety systems such as WOC’s, IFE’s, and touch audits through involvement in the programs.
- On time and present at all scheduled toolbox meetings and supports toolbox content by engagement.
- Cultivates and helps drive a culture for good housekeeping, organization, and cleanliness through leading by example, positive motivation, and efficient time management.
- Assure completion of daily safety inspections – i.e. mobile equipment, light curtains, crane(s), torch, welder, fire extinguishers, ladder(s), eye wash inspections, etc. where responsible.
- Moderate understanding of die repair processes and the environmental impact.
- Sandblast and extrude hone dies.
- Gather support tooling and assemble dies for assigned presses.
- Prep dies for caustic, return support tooling to storage racks.
- Assist with loading and unloading caustic and Nitrider baskets.