Posted on: June 25, 2020 • Category: Manufacturing
Polish Set Up
- Identify tooling by size, type and where it is stored
- Understand the meaning of the numbers stenciled on the tooling
- Proper operation and inspection of the fork trucks, cranes, hoist, die press, sandblaster, extrude hone, Nitride, and caustic systems.
- Enter data into computer system.
- Understand hazards and what chemicals are used in caustic and nitrider area’s
- Identify defects on die bearings and technique to repair them.
- Read section prints and inspect extrusions to the print.
- Read and understand Aluminum Association standards
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Employee must be able to have good vision or corrective lens to see visual defects.
- Must be able to keep up with the people that they are paired up with
Education and Work Requirements:
- Willing to train
Prepare dies and support tooling for the press according to press schedule. Transport dies to and from press. Maintain dies and learn correction procedures.
- Sandblast and extrude hone dies.
- Gather support tooling and assemble dies for assigned presses.
- Transfer prepared dies to press with cart or fork truck according to schedule.
- Prep dies for caustic, return support tooling to storage racks.
- Assist with loading and unloading caustic and Nitrider baskets.
- Minor die correction to develop and improve correction skills.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave