Posted on: July 29, 2021 • Category: Manufacturing Engineer
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are required.
- Proven manufacturing expertise in the areas of Mechanical Assembly, Weld, and Fabrication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate project plans, goals and objectives and coordinate resources to complete projects within scope.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to solve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to plan strategically. And lead the execution of the strategy.
- Ability to effectively speak publicly and make presentations is required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is required.
- Experience in computer skills: to include Manufacturing ERP/MRP systems, 3D CAD systems is preferable.
- Perform work in a heavy industrial setting, involving congestion, with exposure to industrial fumes/smoke.
Lead and coordinate operation improvement activities for the purpose of eliminating waste and increasing value in the overall manufacturing process. Drive continuous improvement with data-based decision making. Communicate effectively and promote involvement in operational improvements at all levels and with all departments of the company as well as with external customers and suppliers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promote safe work habits and incorporate safety into processes, equipment, and operating procedures. Support STOP safety observations. Ensure mandatory safety equipment is used. Do not tolerate unsafe acts and address safety issues immediately. Know emergency procedures and phone numbers. Support the “Injury or Illness Investigation Report” when an injury occurs and take positive measures to prevent recurrence.
2. Work with production supervisors, managers and all members of a value stream to define and evaluate all processes associated with a value stream and create a team oriented environment to implement improvements. Analyze data to justify continuous improvement efforts and validate results.
3. Enhance communication throughout value streams to ensure that all departments are working together towards mutual success. Work with production supervisors, managers and value stream members to achieve goals based on overall company strategies and requirements. Communicate those goals and current state up and down the chain of command through effective use of the production board and other communication tools.
4. Work with production supervisors, managers and value stream members to provide the best possible working conditions. Implement lean principles and the effective use of 5S in your areas of responsibility. Support the expectation that parts and tools are stored neatly and good housekeeping maintained within area(s) of responsibility.
5. Drive a high level of engagement for those in your area. Promote team-building and effective communication among employees and between departments and shifts.
6. Encourage the development and use of lean toolsets within the value stream and company to drive and maintain systemic improvements. Implement lean tools and procedures to determine and eliminate root cause.
7. Perform all related and other duties as assigned by the Operational Excellence Director.
Interested individuals can stop by our office to complete an application, or download our application form and job descriptions from our website (www.astecindustries.com/about/careers; click on “Job Listings”; click on “Current Openings”, click on the job opening you desire, click “Apply” in the right hand-corner, complete the application process).