Posted on: June 01, 2021 • Category: Purchasing
L & M Radiator, Inc
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Phone 1: (605) 664-8993
Visit Us Online!
L & M Radiator, Inc
2204 West City Limits Road
Yankton, SD, SD 57078
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems and the raw materials.
- Supplier relationship experience.
- Organized, detailed, and thorough.
- Proficient data entry skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Must be dependable and reliable under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background test.
- Regular and Reliable attendance is critical
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED and minimum of 5 years related experience in Purchasing or Manufacturing OR
A bachelor’s degree in related field
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Experience in EU REACH Regulations
Experience in: Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Customer Service, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting
Fluent in Spanish a plus.
Job Summary: Responsible for all purchasing or transfer of orders, inventory and non-inventory items for the L&M Plant location. Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run “Open Purchase Order” report and review for accuracy daily. Follow up with vendors on overdue orders.
- Daily run of Purchase Suggestions and ensure inventory items required for production are ordered.
- Weekly review essential tubing and strip inventory for L&M Plant location.
- Review sales orders for special buy out parts and verify all parts for jobs are on hand or ordered using the “Job Material’s Dashboard”
- Maintain and update “Approved Supplier List,” review and complete Discrepant Material Reports (DMR).
- Track cost savings and report monthly to Purchasing Manager.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers. Create the Suppliers in the ERP following our end user procedures.
- Review supplier performance and report via Purchasing metric.
- Direct Revision Requests to Drafting/Engineering to be processed in the ERP system.
- Complete close out reports on meetings and file for future follow up.
- Negotiate the best possible prices for supplies and document in ERP software system.
- Track/follow material forecasts for potential shortages and watch the market for supply/demand issues.
- Order non-inventory items.
- Obtain price and delivery time estimates for customer quotes.
- Review inventory shortages to determine cause so system can be improved to prevent re-occurrences.
- Attend production and foremen meetings, manufacturing committee meetings and quality planning meetings.
- Respond to questions from production on availability and expected delivery dates for inventory items.
- Answer supplier questions on fabricated parts orders.
- Talk to sale representatives from suppliers.
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommend alternatives.
- Prepare purchase orders by confirming specifications and price; obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; acquire approval from requisitioning department and engineering approvals for substitutions.
- Organize, create and maintain proper documentation. Keep all information and documentation accessible by sorting and filing; utilize ERP software system as much as possible.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.