Posted on: July 01, 2021 • Category: Psychologist
Human Services Center
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: $84,167.28 annually, Depending on Qualifications
Phone 1: 605-668-3118
Learn more about the South Dakota Human Services Center
Human Services Center
3515 Broadway Ave
Yankton, SD 57078
Licenses and Certifications:
A doctoral degree in clinical psychology, or candidacy in a doctoral program in clinical psychology, which leads to eligibility for licensure in the State of South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- inpatient mental health treatment;
- adult and adolescent psychopathology;
- psychological evaluations to assess:
- intellectual ability;
- cognitive functioning;
- personality and psychopathology;
- evidence-based treatments particularly in the area of short-term individual psychotherapy.
- administer and interpret psychological tests;
- produce clear and concise psychological evaluation reports;
- conduct individual psychotherapy;
- communicate effectively with treatment team.
The South Dakota Human Services Center, an inpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment facility located in Yankton, South Dakota, has an opening for an experienced professional as a psychologist.
The duties of this position include:
- multidisciplinary treatment team consultation;
- individual psychotherapy;
- group psychotherapy;
- forensic evaluations;
- psychological evaluations assessing personality and cognitive functioning;
- supervision of clinical psychology doctoral students.
This is a salaried position and is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
As an employee of the State of South Dakota, you will qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Further information on the program can be found at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-employment .
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/index.html. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F7A
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"